Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Whatever Happened to Summer Vacation?!

I have been acting in the role of single working mother for about 3 weeks now, and I must say that I am thankful this is the last night of it! Casey is currently finishing his last night as the Harding Uplift videographer, and I am SO glad. He has been leaving around 8:00 a.m. every morning and getting home around 1:30 or 2:00 a.m. the following morning... on a good day. Last night, I think he managed to get one hour of sleep. He was getting home as I was waking up! This might be the last year he does this... we're getting too old for this. :) I'd say he has put in his time, though--I think this was his 5th year to do it!

Abby has been going to work with me a lot more since Casey has been unavailable, so we've had plenty of time to bond. Plenty. I started a grad class this week, though, so I'm not really working right now. I have a wonderful friend who stays home with her 2 1/2-year-old boy and keeps another friend's child, and she has helped SO much this week keeping Abby while I go to class. Abby loves going to her house, so it hasn't been too bad leaving her every day. It's only about 4 1/2 hours a day, but after being together 24/7 for so long it's a big change! She'll stay at home now since Casey is done with Uplift. We're not sure when or how much he will be working at Hibbett Sports now. They're supposed to work him back into the schedule, so we'll see how that goes.

Casey has been looking at a couple of other job opportunities, so I'll post more on that when we have more info. Just keep praying he finds something stable soon!

I am very tired and have class again at 8:00 a.m., so I'll finish here with an Abby picture (or 2). :) Thanks for those of you who still check this blog--I know I haven't been consistent with keeping it updated. Happy 4th of July to all!

My New Favorite Picture & Current Desktop Background:
Abby's 1st Pool Experience -- She loved it!

5 comments:

Nicole Whaley said...

That is a very cute pic...can see why its your new favorite. I take my hat off to you for going solo for three weeks...those are loooong hours. Its exhausting, I'm sure. Praying for Casey's job situation. -- nicole

Kim Hodges said...

That's a GREAT picture!

Aunt Donna said...

LOVE that picture of Abby! She is getting so big.

Elizabeth said...

She is so cute! At least she isn't crying in the water like I think all three of mine did their first time in a pool! :)

Deborah said...

Wonderful pictures! I love to get updates on your life.