Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Little Bookworm

Mom took this video a couple of weeks ago at her house. Abby loves books! Right now, she would almost always rather sit and read instead of playing with toys. Is that weird?? I guess she really is my kid... oh, and I guess Casey's, too. :) We both inhale all forms of media like it's going out of style, and it looks like we might've passed that on to Abby. She has already learned that she can walk to the bookshelf, pull off a book, bring it to you, sit down, and (naturally) you will read to her. The other day she tried to pull off 3 at once, so I said, "No, just one book. One." So she stopped... looked at me... and just picked one book! I love that she is so smart, but it does make me a little anxious about the years to come. I don't want her to get bored too quickly! We are just one month from her first birthday--how on earth did that happen?!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, wow, she is so cute. I love all the babbling. But, look out...she will be talking in sentences in no time!!!

Deborah said...

As soon as I started the video, both boys stopped what they were doing and ran to the computer. They thought Abby's "story" was really funny!

Aunt Donna said...

Well, that may be in her "own language," but I distinctly heard her say "Read-a read-a read-a book!" :) She's so smart!

Melissa said...

I loved hearing Abby read! That was hilarious! :)

Kristi Petrak said...

awww!! ^_^