So that I don't forget, here are the most recent things Abby is doing:
- Signing "please" instead of throwing a crazy fit when she wants something (now that she's got it down, we just have to teach her that it doesn't mean she automatically gets whatever she's asking for... suggestions?) :)
- Putting stuff in and out of containers... over and over and over...
- Dancing to music
- New favorite song: "If You're Happy and You Know It"--she will stop fussing immediately if you sing this
- NO MORE BOTTLES!! Abby goes to bed without a bottle now. What a big girl!
- This one is hard to explain, but I'm going to try: she has learned the inflection we do when we say, "Look!" Kind of a high-low/double syllable thing to get her attention. She points to stuff and makes the pitches while excitedly saying "Ee-ee!" Now if only we can build up the vocabulary to go along with the sound...
- Shaking her hair around in imitation of me when I blow-dry my hair.
- Reading books... and then getting some more books..... after looking through books
- Quacking when she sees a duck on anything
- Sticking out her tongue when you ask, "What does a giraffe do?"
We are almost a week away from Abby's first birthday, and Casey's parents came down early to celebrate this past week. We only get to see them a couple of times a year, so this was only their second time to see her--ever! Well, Grandma Rhonda came down to see her in February when we were visiting a friend in KY, but Grandpa Terry hadn't seen Abby since Christmas. Abby has changed a little since then. ;) They brought presents, Casey made a cake, and we just had a small party at home. Here are a few pictures from their visit and the party:
Playing with Grandma Rhonda
Checking out a new toy with Grandpa Terry
Our happy family
Checking out her first piece of cake
I think she likes it! :)