There have been several things I have found that are soothing/comforting to me:
- An amazing husband who is very generous with hugs and who randomly buys a dozen glazed donuts because he remembers I was craving them a few days ago
- Finally cleaning a disgusting house--the satisfaction of accomplishing something that's been on your mind for a while is very fulfilling.
- Making (and eating) chili on a cold, rainy day
- The smell of freshly brewed coffee
- Emails/phone calls from friends who live far away
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Pictures of my family
- Praying to a God who is always there to listen
What comforts you?