There have just been a few thoughts/observations about Abby over the last day or two that I don't want to forget, so I'm going to jot them down here. Hope it's not too boring. :)
- She is getting so long! I was just putting her in her bed (in our room), and it hit me how long her legs are. I have a feeling we're going to have a tall girl when she gets older.
- I heard my baby laugh for the first time today. She was half asleep, and it wasn't in response to anything. She just smiled and laughed for a couple of seconds. It was the cutest/funniest/most beautiful sound I've heard. I can't wait to hear it again--especially when she can do it in response to something.
- Her hair is getting quite a bit lighter. It was really dark when she was first born, but it's looking more like mine everyday. Well, the color is. It's so curly when it's wet, but it straightens out when it's dry. So weird! I think the hidden curl is what makes it stand out so far and makes her look like a rock star. :)
- I hate when she hurts and I can't do anything about it. She has had so many tummy problems already in the 3 short weeks she has been alive, and it breaks my heart to hear her scream and cry. We have medicine to help with the reflux and colic/abdominal pain, but it just isn't enough. Yes, it totally stresses me out to hear that constant screaming (the girl has some lungs!), but more than anything it makes me so sad. I just want to fix it!
- Sitting in a quiet room when it's dark, rocking my baby to sleep, singing to her is one of the most wonderful things in the world. So special, so peaceful... I am so blessed. Holding my precious baby girl when it's just us--that is true joy.