Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Precious moments

I have the sweetest daughter. Ever. Ok, if you would've asked me if this was true when she was throwing a crazy fit earlier today (yes, we have entered the terrible twos) I would've laughed in your face. But tonight before I get in bed, I want to record this moment so I can look back and say, "Oh, yeah. She can be a really sweet girl, too!" :)


In my routine of checking on Abby right before getting in bed, I accidentally woke her up tonight. She had already been asleep for several hours, so she was pretty out of it. As I walked up to the crib, I heard her whispering, "What is it? Who is it?" I didn't want her to get scared, so I told her it was just Mommy and she was ok and she just needed to close her eyes and go back to sleep. She smiled, sat up, and said, "Hold you, Mommy? Pwease, Mommy?" I picked her up and handed her the pacifier from her crib, to which she said, "Thank you so much, Mommy," and smiled as she put it in. I rocked her for a minute before putting her back in crib. As I covered her up with a blanket, I got another, "Thank you, Mommy." I leaned over and said, "Night night, baby. Mommy loves you." She smiled really big behind her pacifier, blew me a few kisses, and rolled over to snuggle with her blanket.

Sweetest. Baby. Ever.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Sweet little angel. :)

Glenave Curtis said...

Yes, she is a sweetie!

Glenave Curtis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Glenave Curtis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aunt Donna said...

Precious!!! So glad you recorded this.