There are a lot of things I have been wanting to do lately, but with our job situation being what it is, I have been afraid to commit to anything. Here are a few of my favorite excuses:
- "We're applying for jobs everywhere, so we might not even live here in a few months."
- "If Casey gets back in the army, we'd just have to leave when he's done with training."
- "I'm not sure how many hours/what days/which shifts I'll have to work next month."
- "I don't want to tell them I have to quit if things change and I can't keep doing [fill in the blank]."
Pretty good, huh? I have become the queen of evading commitment and responsibility. In lieu of this epiphany, I am slowly making plans for this fall. Here is what I am considering so far:
- Enroll Abby in Carpenter's Kids
- Join local MOPS steering team
- Complete student teaching internship for Master's degree
- Continue working at the gym as needed
I have already completed the first item, and the 2nd and 3rd are in the works. My main concern with all of it right now is scheduling, but if there is one thing I am good at, it's organizing the calendar. :) I spent this whole year saying, "I want to be more involved, but..." Nothing is certain for us right now. There is no telling when or where steady employment will come our way, and I don't want to keep putting things off that I know I should be doing.
I hope this wasn't overly boring for everyone. I guess I'm kind of taking a stand for myself... against... myself? Ha! Sometimes it helps to see it in writing--thanks for indulging my rant. To reward those who suffered through it, here is a video of Abby I took yesterday. She is currently in love with Blue's Clues and can sing along with the songs. I don't know what her obsession is with having her fingers in her mouth right now, and YES, we are going through the terrible/defiant twos (as you might notice at the end). Enjoy! :)