Sunday, August 9, 2009

Houses and haircuts and birthdays--oh, my!

In the interest of getting to bed as soon as possible, here are the high points:
  • Our house is officially for sale! We put it on the market this past week, and I am planning to get an apartment here in Searcy when we sell it. Why Searcy? I have a strong church family here and friends to have playdates with for Abby. Plus, I'm SO close to finishing my masters degree at Harding. It will be much easier if I don't have to try to complete it long distance. Why an apartment? Abby and I won't need all this room when Casey is gone, and I don't want to keep up with house/yard maintenance. Pray that we sell it soon!
  • Abby and I both had our hair cut this past week! Well, Abby's was more of a trim so it would look healthier (and less like a mullet). I had mine completely chopped off! It has become an annual event for me. :) Abby was such a good girl:
Before the cut...
Reading while Lindsay cut her hair :)
The finished product (aka "trim")
I don't actually have any pictures of my hair yet (too busy taking pics of Abby, I guess), but I'm sure we'll take one eventually.
  • We had Abby's family birthday party at Mom and Dad's house this weekend, and I made the cake! It is the first cake I've ever actually decorated. I usually struggle with just icing a cake, so I was scared to death about putting "hair" icing on a teddy bear! Here are a few pics from the weekend:
Aunt Tara made a really cool cardboard house for Abby!
My teddy bear cake! The tummy says "Happy Birthday Abby" (written by Nana), and the eyes and nose are Hershey kisses. :) He's holding a "1" candle.
Enjoying her new recliner (thanks, Nana & Pawpaw!) and teddy bear (thanks, Peter!)
Playing with a new toy (thanks, Smith family!)
Ok, so this was a really long post... but now we're all caught up, and I can go to sleep. :)

7 comments:

Mom said...

It was such a fun weekend! Hope the house selling process goes well ...

Elizabeth said...

I don't know if it is the long hair, the walking, or the talking, but Abby seems sooo much older than 1!

Melissa said...

where are pics of your haircut?

Aunt Donna said...

Love these pictures. I tried to leave a comment on FB under the picture of the playhouse that Tara made. What little girl wouldn't love that house??!!! So cute. I especially loved the flower boxes under the windows. I like Abby's haircut too. And your cake -- so adorable. Never know that was your first attempt. Great job!

Aunt Kathy said...

Very cute cake! Looks absolutely yummy too. I know you are going through so much right now as you prepare your mind and physical surroundings for Casey to go to the Army. I'm glad he is excited about it and I'm sure you will be a supportive wife. God will take care of you.

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! Hey, you should check out www.clipazine.com. It's a site for businesses to post coupons and it's free. Kind of like a coupon craigslist. It's only the Nashville area right now, but I figured you could post a "Free shipping for orders over $30" or something like that and get some free advertising.

Kristi Petrak said...

Wow, so sweet!!! I agree with Liz, too. Abby is gorgeous, also! ^_^