Sunday, March 16, 2008

Wrap up

Ok, to quickly wrap up from yesterday's incomplete entry, I guess I should update on the medical issues. Not my favorite thing to discuss (it's never ending!), but I know people have been asking about it. My visit with the neurosurgeon was pretty uneventful last Monday because there's not much he can do without an updated MRI (the most recent one is from October). They did testing for carpal tunnel since I'm having weakness and tingling in my hands, and I had another MRI done of my neck this past Thursday. I'm going to see him again this Thursday (the 20th) to see the results of those tests and get his recommendations. He's definitely not pushing surgery unless this MRI shows that I absolutely need it. We don't want to put the baby in any danger--I just hope he'll have some sort of solution so I can get through the rest of this pregnancy without much pain! I'm still going to the Upper Cervical Center a few times a week, and that seems to be going ok so far. It's more of a long term thing, so I'm not expecting immediate results. We did look at my last x-ray the other day (it was done before I got pregnant), and apparently my neck is curving the opposite direction. Oh, so THAT'S the problem! Yikes! They're pretty sure that happened when I had my nasty wreck in 2001. Hopefully, they'll be able to work their magic over the next 6 months or so to help it correct itself.
In the meantime, I'm just trying to keep my head above water at work. I work Monday through Thursday of this week, we're off for Good Friday, and then... SPRING BREAK!!! Finally! Casey and I have already booked a place in Branson for this weekend, and I am SO ready to get out of town for a few days! Now I must say good night and hope that this post was enough to last everyone a few more days. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess we should have known that taking out a concrete light pole with your truck would have some negative consequences. I'm just sorry you're still having to deal with it! Hope you feel better this week and get helpful results on Thursday... Love you!

Kim Hodges said...

Oh yea! It will be so good to get away for a little bit! Have so much fun in Branson!

Collin and Christy said...

oooh, have fun in branson! Sorry about your neck! eww!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, maybe the doctors can figure out some sort of therapy for your neck. If you are planning to see any shows when you're at Branson, you've got to check out "SIX." They are a group of 6 brothers (there are actually 10 brothers, but only 6 sing together) and they are GREAT!!! They are totally acappella and do everything from Broadway, 50's-60's oldies to jazz and vocal percussion. Their show is really wonderful. Hope you can see it.