I've decided 8 is plenty of goals for one year. It's not quite as catchy as "10 in 2010," but it'll have to do. I don't want to just make up 2 more random goals to reach a certain number. :) Here are a few other high points I'd like to hit in this post:
- Abby and I are taking a potty training break for now. She did really well the first day and then had a meltdown the second day. I didn't want to traumatize her, so we left it alone for a while. Then we took a trip to visit my friend Lindsey for a few days (more on that later), and now Abby has been sick the past few days. Nobody wants to potty train a toddler with a fever! I did buy some pull-ups a few days ago, but I think we're going to give it another week or two before starting back up.
- The trip to visit Lindsey in NW Arkansas was a very busy time, but it was a lot of fun. We were best friends at Harding, and she just had her second baby right before Christmas. Her older daughter is just 3 months older than Abby, so they had a lot of fun playing together. Abby would wake up from her nap, look around, and say, "Hawie!" (aka Hallie) "Hawie, come on! Come on, Hawie!" Lindsey said Hallie has been asking about Abby since we've been gone, so I guess they bonded... :)
- Casey is still applying for jobs all over the place and waiting to hear back from the ones we've been really hoping for. In the meantime, he is going tomorrow to put his name in as a substitute teacher to the local school districts. I think he'll mainly sign up for high school, so we'll see how that works out. He was also told today that there might be a part-time job available for him related to computers that he could do in the late afternoon/evenings so he's going to look into that. Keep praying!!!
- My regular activities start back this week, so I'm really excited to get back into my routine. Living in a town that is so dependent on the university schedule really drags out holiday breaks...
- We still don't have a camera cord to hook up to the computer, so I don't have any new pictures to share. :( Sorry.